Monday, November 19, 2007

Week 9 ~ Thing 23!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Summarizing thoughts...

It's hard to believe that I've made it -- and while my blog is far from the most exciting one out there it is nonetheless something I am proud of and something I would never have attempted otherwise. Even my kids are impressed, so there. Below are some thoughts on this experience.

What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
I created my own blog - that was a biggie. Also, I liked Flickr and tinkering with the RSS feeds. I can also see myself and my customers using a tool such as Zoho writer.

How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
This program has reaffirmed my belief that lifelong learning is something you do if you want to continue to grow - even when the challenges seem too steep. At the onset of Maryland 23 I had my doubts as to whether I would be able to figure out some of the techie stuff. Yes, there were times when I had trouble getting it. I told myself that even if I didn't finish I would give it a good run, and I did finish.

Were there any take-aways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
Well, the takeaway, if you will, is that it all comes down, once again, to experience and trying something new and getting better the more you do it. Yeah, it's hard in the beginning, but it gets easier. I found myself becoming more adept at navigating Maryland 23 the more I signed on.

What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept? And last but not least…
If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you again choose to participate?
This program gobbled up more of my free time than I initially expected it to. I wasn't always able to accomplish a "thing" in a half hour off the desk. Instead, I found myself coming in early and signing in at home in order to catch up. The fact that I am finishing well into November indicates the time I needed to put into it, but it was well worth it. I would definitely participate again. I guess the time constraints are something I would take into consideration in the future.

How would you describe your learning experience in a few words or a few sentences, so we can share our successes and promote this program?
I will definitely be using some of the "things" I have learned, like bloglines, RSS feeds, Flickr, and Zoho writer. Others, maybe not so much. For instance, I got bogged down with Technorati, tagging, etc. but I see their value. The image generator drove me crazy, but at least I now know how to do it in case anyone inquiries. Cheers, and thanks!

No comments: