Friday, November 16, 2007

Week 9 ~ Thing 21 Podcasting

OK, I must be getting a little punchy as I approach the finish line with this Maryland 23 project because I have not been too impressed with these podcast directories. I thought they were a little too cumbersome to navigate. I keep saying that I don't like a lot of clicking. So, I went sniffing around on my own and found one I like from NPR. It contains book reviews, news and author interviews; best of Morning Edition, All Things Considered and more. Initially I had difficulty adding it to my bloglines account and I couldn't get it to do anything. Finally, I realized I had to add it to my playlist - duh...I was pretty darn happy when I clicked and it worked. Amazing and so cool!

I'm not so sure about the usefulness of podcasts for libraries. I mean, there is a plethora of information available out there and the sky's the limit in terms of what you want to do - entertain, educate, train, etc. How to channel all of this in a productive fashion is what I am struggling with. Cheers.

No comments: