Friday, November 16, 2007

Week 8 ~ Thing 19 Exploring Web 2.0 Awards

I selected my site from the 2007 Web 2.0 Award Winners list and chose www.onesentence.org to explore. This site earned 2nd place in the Fun Stuff category.
I liked this site immediately. Basically, it is a tool to create one-sentence stories - "true stories, told in one sentence," is how it's described. I found myself sitting there laughing at many of the entries. I also thought that some were very poignant, such as this one:
"Answering the door to trick-or-treaters in all her hairless chemo glory, my mother has inspired me more than she could ever imagine."
I could have spent a long time browsing through these little gems.
Regarding use in a library setting, I could see a site such as this used for scanty book review listings that would be just one sentence, making it quite a challenge. It would be fun.

No comments: